New Mather Metals may change this policy from time to time, and said changes will be reflected here. You should check this page periodically to ensure you maintain a clear and up-to-date understanding of the policy going forward.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information, including email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode and professional background
- Other information relevant to employment applications, supplier information requests for quote and similar communications.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal recordkeeping
- Improvements to our products and services
- Periodic promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information that we think you may find interesting using the email address you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We might also use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
New Mather Metals is committed to ensuring your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used.
This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and, then, the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies, if you prefer. Just know that this might prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website or its content.
Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you might provide while visiting such sites. Further, these independent sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to our use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties without your permission, unless New Mather Metals is required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties we think you may find interesting, if you opt in for this service.
You may request details of personal information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please contact us.
If you believe any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.